• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some quick advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Hey guys,

I need some advice very quickly. Should I buy the MSI K7D Master(AMD760MPX). This will be for a dedicated folder that I'm hoping to overclock a bit. Would the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW be worth it for $60 more? I don't need the RAID that comes with the Gigabyte.
Thanks

Keep in mind there are 2 versions of the GA board. 1 has raid the other does not.

Now I dont think there are many OC'ing options on the GA boards, I think donny_paycheck wasnt to impressed with the OC'ing options. But loved the board otherwise. (I could be wrong here, not to sure!)

If y ou want it just for folding stuff, Id say just save the 60 and go for the MSI board and spend that 60 on some higher speed CPU's or more RAM for it.

Oh well, missed oppurtunity. I had decided I was going to buy it and then it was out of stock.:( Newegg refurb for $125. I am not going to hesitate on the next good deal.:mad:

Back