Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

Does this look right

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-06-02, 12:49 PM Thread Starter   #1
Wicked Klown
Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior

10 Year Badge

Does this look right

Here in about two weeks or so I'll be getting this YY case and start doing anothing watercooled rig. Scroll down and see if this looks to be the best place for the radiator. http://flapjack.yi.org/dually.htm

Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus
Wicked Klown is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-06-02, 12:58 PM   #2
Skulemate

Looks good to me, though would it be possible to mount it at the bottom where the PSU is? Remember, hot air rises, and if the rad is at the bottom, it also minimizes problems with air getting trapped in it.
Skulemate is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-06-02, 01:14 PM   #3
Ridenow
Sneaky Moderator

I have one of those cases. I have not been impressed, they are not as roomy as they look. It is not very tall and only has 6 exposed bays. If you are not going to put in a RAID, then it is fine. If you are going to RAID, the space on that side goes quick.

Old 08-06-02, 01:17 PM Thread Starter   #4
Wicked Klown

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridenow
I have one of those cases. I have not been impressed, they are not as roomy as they look. It is not very tall and only has 6 exposed bays. If you are not going to put in a RAID, then it is fine. If you are going to RAID, the space on that side goes quick.

Only thing that will be in it is my MoBo, watercooling, CD-RW, Floppy, sound card, video card and two hard drives. Maybe later on I'll add a hard drive or two.

Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus
Old 08-06-02, 01:29 PM   #5
Ridenow
Sneaky Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Klownin79

Only thing that will be in it is my MoBo, watercooling, CD-RW, Floppy, sound card, video card and two hard drives. Maybe later on I'll add a hard drive or two.
You should be fine. I have a SCSI backplane and have problems. Also I notice that the pics have the pump in the bottom drive bays, that may not be the best place for it.

Old 08-06-02, 01:32 PM Thread Starter   #6
Wicked Klown

10 Year Badge

Where would you put it at. Cause I'm going with a pump/ res combo and thats where I was going to put it.

HEAT

Old 08-06-02, 01:39 PM   #7
Ridenow
Sneaky Moderator

First, I am a drive freak. My needs may be different than yours. I do not like the idea of blocking some of the few external bays.

First thought, move the PSU to the top, have the rad under it and then the pump at the bottom.

Second thought, there should be room for the pump on the other side. It is not as wide as the rad and could be mounted to the base next to the motherboard. It would have to be near the front so it did not block the cards.

Old 08-06-02, 01:45 PM Thread Starter   #8
Wicked Klown

10 Year Badge

Well will it be ok there since I'm not a drive freak. All I hvae now is the TDK CD-RW and maybe later on a DVD-rom or a 4" LCD.

HEAT

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool