• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 2400+ may not be release till october!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4816

Lets just hope that is a rumor seeing how the bartons were supposed to be released then!!!!!!!

my guess is that the bartons will coincide with the hammer when it comes out now :(

rediculous how it is taking amd 4 months to go from 2200+ to 2400+ and they are sure to be smashed by intel this holiday season if they keep up this crap.

bad news for me also. i was going to go watercooling in september and buy one of the top of the line cpus for it also coupled with a nforce2. guess i will buy a 2000+ instead and hope for 2ghz.

One thing about the mico inquirer it is full of it. ermm... quality news and reviews I mean ;) I think people take this web site to seriously.

I would like to retain faith in AMD as they produce very good, cheap processors.
Unfortunately I keep hearing setbacks...
Lets hope that the reason that they are setting the 2400+ back to October if there is a setback at all, is that they are perfecting a 333 mhz FSB. That could be enough for me to wait for a 2400+ because (hopefully) that will OC a hell of a lot better than the current 2.1 gig ovens.
Lets hope that AMD gets the damn 2400+ soon and with an increased FSB.
Futura

I don't really care for 333fsb. I can unlock my processor anytime, and get just that. I would really like to have the xtra cache. If there is no barton, I might just jump directly to hammer. If there is one, I'll be sure to get it, and wait for the hammer to mature.

If the hammers go off as planned AMD will be fine. There's still alot of AMD support, nVidia being a major one. They may be slow now but lets hope that DDRII400 and the nForce2 are as good as they say, and lets also hope that depite their slowness AMD's Bartons and Hammers are as good as we hope they'll be. If so they should pick right back up again.

--Illah

The "Neglected Nag", so to speak, is developing slowly cause they foisted that project off on their interns so that they could have all their pedigreed engineers concentrate on the Hammer.

At least, I would presume that's the case...

WHere is AMD?

im going to intel as of today my system is coming .
p4 2.26b , 533FSB ,512k CACHE
XMS Corsair 3200 rated for 400mhz fsb 2,5cas
Abit BD-7 II
Will be shooting for 3 gighertz tonight

Oh im going from a xp2000+ fully unlocked 1875mhz xp2300+
to a p4

just because i want 533fsb and 512k CACHE and sse2 instructions now

I'm thinking of doing the same Myself and I. I've been wanting a P4 system for a couple months now, especially since I got about 80 DVDs to encode to both SVCD and Divx. With a 2.26 oc'ed to say 3 Ghz I could do it in about half the time my 1.2GHz Tbird is doing it. And just move the Tbird back to my main rig while the P4 goes into my set top box.

Isn't Barton supposed to be completely outsourced to UMC? If so, AMD can't really say when they plan to release it... they have very limited control over how quickly the chip and its process are developed.

Back