• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 766mhz need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregory

Sorry if wrong section didnt know where to post this,
I have a pIII 3 computer 128 ram erm im really bad at computers and its an old computer i was just wondering how to overclock this computer i dont know what to do like what should i download? etc im giving brief info about my comp because i dont know whats important so just post and ask questions and tell me how to find it out and i'll find out for you and i was just wondering Can u tell the difference keke and how much mhz aprox could i get out of it i understand it differs for each computer but arnd :eh?:
Sorry for your time and thank you for your understanding.

The "Intel" section might be best for this question.
We need to know more details about your computer, like what motherboard it has for one.

there is an intel cpu section that this copuld get moved to (just pm one of the mods, there names are at the top) and also your board might not be able to overclock through the bios or with jumpers on your motherboard (i know it cant if its an OEM computer (made by dell, compaq, ect.)) so you willl have to use software to overclock

and welcome to the forum!

ok , erm how do i know? and how do i find out my mother board etc ill pm a mod to ask to move it thank you

well is your computer an oem?? (made my dell, compaq or any company like that?) if it is then they always lock there bios so you cant overclock with it...if it isnt then you can usually just look at the board for a name somewhere

First off, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

If you haven't already read this, the Overclockers.com Beginner's Guide Section has some good stuff to know about how to overclock, and other helpful hints about your computer in general. One article I think is definitely worth a look is this one , which was written by one of our Forum Senior Members, Batboy. It is a very thorough article that gives you the do’s and don’ts of overclocking. Likewise, you might find the CPU Database of some help in determining what others have been able to safely overclock your processor to.

To find out what your motherboard is and your CPU speed (I don't believe they made a PIII running at 766MHz... Celerons yes, PIII's no), try using SiSoft Sandra (an application for download). You can try downloading it at downloads.com (I know Sandra is available there), and aoafiles.com also has some good CPU programs (and other nice, interesting stuff, as well).

Back