• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which OS to CHoose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toron27

I was wondering What os most people who are gamers tend to use. I already have 98se on my old computer but once I finish builing my new pc I was giving XP a thought . I am a avid gamer and I would like some suggestions on xp's compatability with most new games..................Thanks , Ronnie

xp is your best choice for new games. 98 is will be fazed out. at the moment i belive 98 is already geting less driver and directx development than 2k or xp

I would say go with XP as well. Xp is faster and more stable than 98SE.

David

Another vote for XP, I have Pro and love it but I'm sure Home would work fine for what you're trying to do... Pro is beter for networking etc...

XP is GREAT!!!!

OMG I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH!!

The best thing about it is if you have some no name card of somesort and you have no drivers...in my friends case a LAN card...we put it in(me never seeing XP beofer) noticed that it installed it for us!??!?!!? I was like HOLY %^$#!!!

XP is great!! Only bad thing I can think of is taht is uses a lot of RAM

Spec

Jay23 said:
ya.. xp is AWSOME just be sure u have at least 512mb of ram :)
bah its not that bad. 384 has worked fine for me. i run the bubble buttons ushaly as well. you can save a chunk of ram if you turn of the pretty stuff and youll be in line with win2k ram usage

Back