• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Miracle of distilled water!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bongo

I couldn't believe my eyes today.

Was playin around the system, and I noticed some air bubbles in the tubing. So I squeezed the tubing to slow the flowrate down in order to get them into the air trap.
Im still not sure what caused the leak, but I noticed water dripping off my motherboard, near the LEd display! (epox 8k3a+)

I quickly unplugged the comp. It was workin fine when I noticed the water.....hope it still works tommorrow.

Put there was a significant amount of water dripping down te board. IM amazed that it didn't short circuit or anything.:eek:

Im suspecting , the clear top didn't hold under the pressure of the water, when i squeezed the tubing.

Find out soon enough/

YIKES:eek: :eek: :eek:

What kind of waterblock? Also were you using purple ice or water wetter? I have always wondered if adding one of those would give the water enough electrolites to make it conductive

heh usually components will survive a little water, just make sure they're dry b4 u turn them back on. one time i put a bag of ice on top of my GF2 GTS to see how fast it would oc. Got the core like 50Mhz faster than stock. Anyway water condensed all over and i started seeing wierd colors on teh screen but after i dried it nothing happened!

I had something very similar happen to my 8KHA+. I put a blowdryer to it until it was nice and toasty, let it cool down, and booted without a problem.

Also, I noticed that my reset switch (which I had outside the case) was in a water puddle. Strangely enough, nothing happened.

In short, carefully dry off whatever's wet and you'll be fine.

Back