• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan placement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

methalorange

Registered
with everyone using water cooling now, fan questions seem kinda dated
ah well

my original plans were to have a 92mm blowhole out the top, 80mm exhaust out the back and 120mm intake on the bottom right corner of the side panel

well "someone" forgot to measure the thickness of the 120mm fan ... turns out that its going to hit the HDD cage

ami going to still get good air flow if i just swap it for another 92mm ?

92 in
92 out
80 out

thanks

Why not put the 120 right over the cpu instead of the bottom right? If you've already cut, it won't look the greatest but you could mount the fan on the outside of the case.

i know there are lots of other options as to where i can put it but heres why its going in the bottom right

1-i want it there
2-i put in a window based around having a fan in the bottom right
3-better air flow --if i put it over the cpu then the HDD, DVD etc., won't get anythign out of it -- in the bottom right the air comes into the case and flows over pretty much everythign before being blown out the back or top

I agree with Mizzery, you can just mount it outside the case, insted of inside it, i had to do this once i painted myself into the same corner as you did.

Why an intake on the bottom right panel of your case????

Why not right onto your mobo?????

PS, Air cooling questions are never outdated, I use ONLY aircooling myself.

EDIT: Ignore my questions.

If your using a window a clear fan with leds in it would look really tight blowing onto the cpu :D

Your idea looks like it would work fine, you might want to consider making something to direct the airflow tho. Blowing the fan towards the other side panel isnt going to give you the airflow that you think you are going to acheive. Build a model out of cardboard, then get some tin or aluminum and make a permanant one based on the cardboard model. And if you dont mind changing the design of your window just a bit you might get some benefits by adding a 80mm fan blowing onto the AGP card. That is one of the hotter places in the case.

putting it in the front would be the ideal situation but due to the shape i decided against it -- its an Inwin S500 case

Back