• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Opinion Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbiker321

I want your guys opinion on this upgrade i plan to do. Currently my HSF is a Volcano 6cu+ :mad: as you all know this HSF is loud and doesnt provide quality cooling, my amd xp 2000+ gets to 60+ C full load and its not overclocked. I really dont want anything as loud as this so i was thinking of getting an AX-7 heatsink ;) and this Sunon fan -

Voltage VDC : 12V
Current AMP : 0.18
Input Watts : 2.1
Speed RPM : 2900
AirFlow CFM : 39
Pressure Inch-H2O : 0.17
Noise dBA : 32
Weight(g) : 92.5

Your opinions and thoughts would be greatful :D

What temps do you get and what CPU are you using?

Also is anyone using a quieter fan like the 39/40CFM one i posted before because i cant really compair it to the 50CFM fan, can I:eh?:

Well I'm using a screamer from YS tech and quite honestly, the deafening noise is not worth the extra 2-3C it "MIGHT" have shaven off my temps (not sure because outside temps are VERY unstable). Im going WC because I cant take the noise anymore (actually its so bad I'm not using that comp until I fix it)

IMHO 39CFM@32dBa is very good. It'll keep your CPU temps reasonable and wont endanger your hearing =)

Last edited:
I also got the AX-7, but opted for the Antec 80mm Smart Fan...it seems to work like a charm, is very quiet and my temps are around 39/44 C at the moment. I got the Smart Fan because I wanted a quiet fan that was powered directly off the PSU (4 pin connector) and that had an RPM connection for the mobo...

Works great. :D

Back