• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a prob with my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiGhTBoY

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm starting to lose my temper with this PC.
Here's my problem:

Computer started fine last night........ I shut it down when I went to sleep.... Restarted it today.... re-installed winME.
All went fine. As I was browsing (also running mIRC + SETI ) the speaker went insane : it started a loooooong beep and system froze.
I reset and my m/b shows C1 (auto detection of on board DRAM + cache) and screen goes blank. The m/b is EPoX 8KHA+. At the time this crash occured CPU temp (not direct die) was 51*C and system temp about 40*C.
I tried clearing the CMOS , didn't work. I tried changing the FSBjumper, didn't worked.
Can anyone help me pls ? I'm seriously thinking about throwing the m/b out of the window (fist floor ;)) and see if that does anything ;-)
Thanks for your answers.

samne thing happened to my but my psu and cpu were fried ny lightning. It may be time to upgrade my fried. I know it was hard for me to face the fact that my trusty ol 800 amd athlon slot a had to be replaced with a amd 1600+ but you get over it real fast

Yes but we haven't had a lightning in over 6 months (dry country).
I feel sorry for you. :( Anyway , I don't think I'll get over it :(.

Try reseating your DIMMS. My EPoX board would not run with mem in the #1 slot.

Eventually this MB died. Started giving random stoppages during boot and HD detection. It would do random hard power-off's which screwed up a $400 SCSI drive and a load of data.

My advice, run out and grab a different MB - it has probably died.

Thanks for the reply fink but I already tried changing slots :( (didn't worked). Well m/b is at the comp store now and yea it's probably dead :(.But it would make a killer paper weight , right ?

Back