• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm convinced I'm getting watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

for the most part I can make my own water cooling system myself from what I read here except for the waterblock. my question is what would be a good block for me to get and I know you all have your own opinion on whats best so I would like eveyones opinion.

Last edited:
what ever you can afford. to me, waterblocks out now, like maze3, spiral, or tc4, really have no big performance gain.

so just as long as it's a 1/2 barbed, and you can afford, and looks
pretty, go with that one! and if it is able to use a TEC in the future, that doesn't hurt either.

yea, but if u have a tight case... u might want to consider 3/8 tubing, 1/2'' tubes are kinda tricky to fit around in a case =P i learned it the hard way haha, u gotta do loops to make it face different directions :rolleyes:

edit: Tight as in Cramped =P

NoKtEm said:
yea, but if u have a tight case... u might want to consider 3/8 tubing, 1/2'' tubes are kinda tricky to fit around in a case =P i learned it the hard way haha, u gotta do loops to make it face different directions :rolleyes:

LOL... it can be, but if you get Tygon tubing, it bends really well from what I've heard. With vinyl... I had to melt the tubing, then bend it under cold water; it worked quite well.

i'm talking about tygon =( well it bends okay i guess, but i dunno ... i had to buy another 10 foot cuz my pre-measure of 4 foot ended up not being enuf =) ahh welll the tygon will last forever huh? =D

Yes get Tygon. It's highly flexable and looks great. As far as blocks go I love my spir@l, but I also had a maze3 that worked equally well.

How's Tygon for kinks? My PVC tubing has the nasty habit of deforming and kinking... I'm afraid this will reduce the effectiveness of my sys in the long run.

FIZZ3 said:
How's Tygon for kinks? My PVC tubing has the nasty habit of deforming and kinking... I'm afraid this will reduce the effectiveness of my sys in the long run.

Supposed Tygon is pretty hard to kink, since it has a nice small bend radius... but I've never used it first hand, that is just what I've heard from the forums. :)

tygon is quite kink resistant, but there are special kinds of plasticized pvc that are even more kink resistant. unfortunately, they aren't as flexible ;)

as far as blocks are concerned, DTek Spir@l if you are using 1/2" fittings, otherwise, Gemini High flow if you are using 3/8" fittings

I'll try the stuff out sometime I guess. I need it to be bendable as well. In any case this PVC tubing I have is mediocre.

SkiFletch said:
tygon is quite kink resistant, but there are special kinds of plasticized pvc that are even more kink resistant. unfortunately, they aren't as flexible ;)

as far as blocks are concerned, DTek Spir@l if you are using 1/2" fittings, otherwise, Gemini High flow if you are using 3/8" fittings

lol, not sure that'd work in a watercooling system... ;)

BTW, edit to above post: tygon is kink resitant, AND it has a small bend radius; not since it does. :p

Back