• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon XP colors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jack in tha Box

K, I tried a search on this and came up with everything but what i was looking for, so if this has been asked I'm sorry.

I just bought 2 Athlon XP 1600+'s and when i got them home I noticed that one is brown (only color I've ever seen), and the other was green?! I ran a test with Sandra and both performed the same. both are Agioa's is there any difference or does AMD just do that to make newbie's like me think they got something better? LOL.

Thx for any info.

well from my understanding, the brownies are easier to unlock while the greenies are bastages from the deepest depths of H377 to unlock.

Its all in your head Jack!

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy....

but seriously the green ones can be a prick to unlock but the as3 will wipe off easier from the greeny.

cool. Thx for the info. not sure if I'll unlock till I get some good cooling, but knowing which one to try sure makes me want to do it! :D

Back