• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Power Supply Didnt Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

my pc keept rebooting, and my voltages where all messed up, so with advice from the forum i just bought a 500 watt power supply, and my voltages didnt change at all and my pc still reboots. when i had the computer apart i noticed a few things that maby could be causing this

cracked cpu core!
crackedcpu.jpg

and a nic in the motherboard!
nic.jpg

i really need to fix this problem a random reboot every 2 hours is killing me:(

Do you have a CW2200MTP Conductive Ink Pen?

condpen.jpg

You could use that to repair those broken traces. This is one of those times that you can only use the real pens & not anything else since your board will be sensitive to any change in resistance. LOOK HERE to find the nearest distributor for the pen. FREE SAMPLES are also available from them.

With the CPU, if it still boots up & still run Prime95(on another working machine) it should be OK. Good Luck:beer:

ty, i just orderd a free samply will try really send it??? or should i go look for somwhere to buy it?

My guess is that it is not the cpu core. That nick in the mobo doesn't look good. You would think that mobo manufacturers would avoid putting traces below the socket where you might slip with a screwdriver. Interestingly, I was just messing with my new Gigabyte mobo, and I noticed that there is an extra clear plastic layer immediately around the socket, so if you slipped, which I did, nothing got nicked.

Big Bad oMek said:
ty, i just orderd a free samply will try really send it??? or should i go look for somwhere to buy it?
I'm not sure if they will really send it but it's only $10.00USD so if you live in the US it shouldnt be too much.

Back