• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screen black on first boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

illbreakit

Ever since I watercooled my comp, my screen doesn't turn on the first boot after the comp has been sitting for a while. I reset the comp then it turns on and I get the "windows was not shut down properly" screen. There is no leaks in my sys so that can't be it.
One thing I did do was not put the screw in to hold the vid card when I put the W/C on. I noticed that the screen would lock up( seemed to go away once I put the screw back in. Does the vid card need to be grounded through the screw in the back plate? Could I have damaged the card without putting it in?
Everything seems nice and stable once I get it booted up( still O/C's the same and fps is the same in games).

Anyone have this prob too?
BTW, it is a Radeon 8500 retail card.

or your PSU needs to be warmed up before it can give enough power to turn over everything. just my 2 cents

Ga-7VRXP rev 1.1
1500+@1725mhz @150mhz fsb old AGYGA-Y
1x512 samsung pc2700 @ ddr333 2,2,2,5,1
PNY TI4400 @ 328/683 thermaltake cooled and volt/modded
Audigy X-Gamer
2x80gig WD(SE)8meg raid 0
550 watt truepower

Member of the elite 12,000k ti4400 & AMD club!!
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4042006

qwerty57 said:
format what do you mean??

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58341

Do what you want to your sig, but it must follow forum guidelines. Please take out that 3dmark link in your sig, check the sticky, we have a 3dmark team, and you can submit your score to takiwa with your specs and he'll add you to the team. Skip puts alot of time and effort into getting T1 lines (He actually cut back to single T1's, before he had dual) for these forums, he works overtime sometimes etc. MadOnion is by a group of people, and they have no problems they get all the hits they want and cash with that. We aren't getting paid to advertise them so skip says no.

Read it straight from the mods.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105504&highlight=sig+link

any other rules like i can't post my ti4400's clock speed because they are faster than yours,lol..

qwerty57 said:
any other rules like i can't post my ti4400's clock speed because they are faster than yours,lol..

Sorry my eyes couldn't tell a difference of 20-30fps when you're above 50fps ;) :D

I have the same exact problem man..........It doesn't boot up the first time..........I olny have 250W power supply with a fricken XP 1900..........I'm getting a 400W cause that is alomsot 100% my problem right there.........Tell me what fixes yours.........I'd like to know.......

Mad Butter said:
I have the same exact problem man..........It doesn't boot up the first time..........I olny have 250W power supply with a fricken XP 1900..........I'm getting a 400W cause that is alomsot 100% my problem right there.........Tell me what fixes yours.........I'd like to know.......

LOL That'll definitely fix it. You're already taking chances with 300watts, 250watts you're just asking for trouble.

That might be it I have a 300W power supply, never gave me any trouble. I have removes the cpu fan to put on waterblock so there is a little less load, but I also upgraded to a 1.3gig cpu from a 900 at the same time I watercooled. Could the processor be taking that much more power? I am not using any of my pwr supply for the watercooling, 120V pump and fan, and I have to manually plug it in. I only have 2 HDD, 1 floppy, and 1 cd-rom connected also.

You need a bigger PowerSupply their Cheif.
May not be the solution to all the problems but it is better to be safe than sorry. :D

Hey...........Thanks you guys..........I figured it was my power supply because I only had this problem when i added additional fans into my case.........I think it can't supply enough power for the load.........I'm getting a 400W power supply.........There's one at colorcases.com which I really like........It's 400W and It's made by them.........It's not generic........Will that be okay???

P.S. I dont overclock...........

Back