• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disturbing news from Ars.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baldy18

Registered
Here is the thread.

I hope this doesn't effect anyone here but it appears it may effect several other teams.

BTW I'm a member of Team Anandtech. There are also threads going on at Anandtech.com and Broadbandreports.com about this issue and I would assume Seti@Netherlands is discussing this also since they seem to be accused in the Ars thread. It's a sad sad thing.

Thanks for the heads up. I had run across this post earlier today and created a thread to point it out. See "Revealed Cheats." :)

Cy

Why do people CHEAT? What are they gaining? A higher score? It isn't a race!

"OmFG uR A n003 i Kun GIT UBrLAODz OF teh 1338 cRedTIEDs WUr|< unIzt!!!!~~~!2~!11``311"

I crunch SAH WUs, simply because it's something else for my machines to do, instead of idling, not so I can point at the number of credited WUs I've got and say "HA! I have 0Wnzered 13itch3z!".

Holy f. No wonder we haven't found any intelligent life out there yet. They're hiding from us, duh.

Back