• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun with my XP1600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penance

Just for fun, lets figure out what happened to my XP1600 ;)

I tried to unlock it and thought i did a pretty good job with defogger paint and nail polish (although the paint pen was defective and impossible to get any paint out of without jabbing a pin into it)

So I got excited when I saw I was allowed to mod the multiplier in BIOS. Well, not so! It's stuck at 10x. 133FSB at any multiplier always come out to 1330mhz. 140FSB with any of them comes to 1400: so that's the only way to get my quoted speed for the 1600+. I figure one or more of the bridges must have gotten a good connection since the default should be 10.5 but is only 10....

so...who thinks they know which one(s) or has any other ideas.

(yeah...i'll redo the unlocking again when i can afford a conductive pen....$17 is too much right now....you pay $60 for the chip to get a deal and O/C but then spend $20 more on supplies so where's the savings?! ;)

You definitely did not completely unlock the chip.
You either have some of the connections touching or some of the connections are not making good contact w/ the point.

You'll have to redo your unlock.

Instead of nail polish, use super glue or a crayon to fill the pits.

Back