• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help - Where To Get MS Virtual Machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I setup a new computer for my wife this evening. I loaded XP pro on it and used windows update to get all the latest fixes. I thought it was all ready to go. My wife went to the msn site and tried to play a game she likes called Mah Jong Tiles. She clicked to start the game and a box popped up saying a download was needed to run the game. So she clicked on download and this went to a MS site and it said Microsoft Virtual Machine auto download no longer supported for XP - visit Windows Update to look for any VM updates for your system. So I went to windows update again and there are no updates listed. So where the heck does one get this update? Everything runs fine on my win2k pro system. My wife is driving me crazy now - help!!

redduc900 said:
You can get the Java plug-in for Windows XP, Me, NT, 2000, 98, or 95 from Sun here...

http://java.sun.com/getjava/

...version 1.4 of the JRE. ;)
Thanks that fixed it. I guess it's no surprise MS is making it hard to get Java working under windows now.

Back