• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a cool idea that needs to go more mainstream!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ichelo351

hello everyone,
in looking around some sites i found this company, and i found this really good looking technology on their site, it is useing a heatpipe as a heatspreader, it looks like the perfect thing for cooling those tiny cores of the t-breds!
http://www.thermacore.com/tpf.htm
very interesting how condective a heat pipe can be.
-Ichelo

Heatpipe articles and applications have been around for quite a while, but they really don't seem to take off as a popular item. I think in most cases people haven't really grasped the concept yet.

heat pipes use an evaporative type of cooling. a traditional heat pipe would have a highly conductive liquid like water or something in side but the "pipe" would have a vacum seal. the way it works is that the water or liquid would evaporate inside the pipe rise to the top and as it cooled it would turn back from a gas to a liquid. as a gas it would loose heat and come back down to repeat the process. it kinda works like a mini atmosphere i guess. it is a very slow and quite method of cooling.i always wondered what would happen if you would put a water block on the top of a heat pipe would the case condense faster? making the cooling more efficient? and i was also thinking if you went andd gt one of those heat sinks from that thermacool company cut the fins off and put a waterblock on it!!!!! that would kick ***!!! cause they are showing it as a heat spreader. so it could help a lot!!!! any responses or comments on my post plz say them like if i have the heat pipe thing wrong i think i typed it right not sure if i left something out though...

Back