• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double Zero Post Code

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doormat

My BD7 is giving me a post code of "00" and refusing to go anywhere when I turn it on. I've been O/C'd at 1.65 volts for a while now, and the chip has been running fine for the past few months. Would it all of a sudden die like that? I looked up 00 in the manual and it said nothing.

Once I didn't have my cpu seated right, it posted with the 00 code. I'm sure the code is cpu related. Reseat your cpu, vga card, pci cards, and ram to see if it helps.

Here is some info from abit that was directed to the TH7-II but should apply to your MB also.

Code 00-- System has not entered the bios yet. Probably MB or CPU related. Check grounding. Check video card. Boot with minimal hardware. Ensure you have a good power supply.

My suggestion is to take the MB out of the case, install only the video card, then isolate the mb from the case (or anything that might short it out). Now try to boot the system. If that doesn't work, try a different power supply.

I finally got it working. I'm angry though. I reseated the CPU, memory, then reseated the mobo in the case, and then it worked. I hooked it all back up and it didnt work. For some reason, whenever the reset switch wires were hooked in to the mobo, it didnt boot. Weird stuff.

doormat said:
I finally got it working. I'm angry though. I reseated the CPU, memory, then reseated the mobo in the case, and then it worked. I hooked it all back up and it didnt work. For some reason, whenever the reset switch wires were hooked in to the mobo, it didnt boot. Weird stuff.
Hmmm. Sounds like your case's reset switch is stuck/broken. That wouldn't be a motherboard problem (unless you hook it up).

Back