• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pencil trick +tape?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr3w

Ive been searching the forums and net for a good method of unlocking my cpu at a cheap price. i know the pencil trick fades over time but ive come across this tape with little strips of metal which u simpley place over ur L1 bridges.

cant you just pencil ur bridges then stick some scotch tape over the penicl to stop it fading etc?

my main worry is that the tape my melt under the heat!

what do u think?

also if i do decide to stop being to tight and actually buy aconductive solution- would u recommend a micro tip conductive pen or just a defog repair kit?

Lets pretend your tape does melt okay? Where does it go? No where.. It just creates a tigher bold with the cpu chip...? It wouldn't just evaporate. But I doubt 55 degrees ceclius is going to melt your tape, and I also doubt the plasticy coating of the chip gets that hot, from what I can remember, only the very center core gets that hot, the out part isn't half as hot.

ok thanks- i might do it with thte tape- unitl i get a better solution like a defog kit

thanks

Back