• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats better heater core or a rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would depend on the size and efficency of each. Heatercores are usualy less restrictive, and offer excelent cooling, Radiators often have very dense fins, that can be restrictive for air passing thru. I would probably pick a Heater core (actualy I am using one now) but i guess it really depends on what the radiator looked like.

I was planing on getting one from dangerden the heatercores are also cheaper in price also will it be ok to run one fan sucking air frome one side and one fan blowing air fronm the other side I can make my own shrouds

Heater cores are better then most of the rads you can buy on line for water cooling. Now if you have a huge car rad that is almost a foot or two long, then that of course would cool better than a heater core b/c of all the surface area, but the downfall is that it would greatly affect your water flow.

Back