• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.2 ghz just itching to fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

What's up gentlemen? I just started folding for team 32 a few days ago with 2 boxes ( 2.35 ghz total ) and am slowly moving my way up the team rankings with the name, Gnerma.

I built two boxes for my boss a few months back, one for each store he owns. They are used for a total of about 10 minutes a day just to do the nightly books. You know what I'm thinking! these two 1.1 ghz celeron tualatin's are just itching to fold 24/7! And to, perhaps be clocked up to 133 fsb :D

The problem is they don't have an internet account for the machines, they have modems and they are even hooked up they just have no number to dial. So the boxes are somewhat stranded.

My question is, how do I work around that? Are there any free ISP's left that I could use for this? Is there any other way?

Thanks, man I'll look into it.

From Juno's FAQ

"Juno's basic service also includes a helpful Web navigation and advertising tool that floats on the top of your screen whenever you are surfing the Internet"

Wow! How helpful! :p

you may want top convince your boss to splurge and get dsl for both locations. what type of bussiness is it btw?

ed8150, I wish that was possible but I haven't even convinced him to pay 10 bucks a month for one dial-up account for both stores. But that would be great, if I could convince him of that I would have 2 new folding boxes and FTP server's :D

Isn't it funny how people will spend $1000s on a whim but won't pay $10 a month for something that would be truly useful?

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake pizza, ever heard of it? The franchise has been spreading like a rash all across the western US over the last 8 years.

yeah murphy's! i think i went there ones last summer when i went to ca!

"Juno's basic service also includes a helpful Web navigation and advertising tool that floats on the top of your screen whenever you are surfing the Internet"
HEHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA what a thing to say...i used to use netzero, i think that you have to pay for it now. yeah juno has limited hours, but you can set it to auto dial and disconnect so those hours will last you

Gnerma said:
ed8150, I wish that was possible but I haven't even convinced him to pay 10 bucks a month for one dial-up account for both stores. But that would be great, if I could convince him of that I would have 2 new folding boxes and FTP server's :D

Isn't it funny how people will spend $1000s on a whim but won't pay $10 a month for something that would be truly useful?

Papa Murphy's Take N' Bake pizza, ever heard of it? The franchise has been spreading like a rash all across the western US over the last 8 years.
If all else fails foot the bill yourself if you are going to benefit from the use of it. Then it's just a matter of convincing him to put it on the machines. Start with one and maybe he,ll see the benefit of it and spring for the other himself. Just a suggestion. Wish you luck.:beer: :burn:

Alright, I've gotten one of the computers folding! I'm using a netzero connection and the cmd line program as a service. The only thing I'm a bit dissappointed about is I can't run it 24/7 :( That being because the line the modem is on is also the fax line and the line that our credit card machines use. So I'll fold between 10 PM and 10 AM. Thanks for the help. :beer:

Back