• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ mania - look at this ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masken

First of all, i'm gonna say hi :) I've mtotally missed this forum! Some interesting reading in here alright!

Have a look at this one ;) I don't know what to do heh... 6 shared devices on IRQ 9... not the.. optimal solution I guess :D

Ignore the Swedish please :p

oops.png

It's a Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X mobo (socket 370).

If thats Win2K, thats the usual set up..not to worry.Mine did the same.Never did have a prob with it.In fact, it says this is the way it is in the windows data base for 2K.

Welcome to the forum.

This is Windows 2000, right? 2000 automatically shares IRQs among several devices. There's nothing wrong with this.

To prevent this from happening you have to disable ACPI and a few other things. You're probably better-off leaving it as it is.

hey masken, welcom to the forums!

that is due to ACPI. you shouldnt worry about it once you get no stability issues like lockups, or performance hit when using more than one device at once.
there is more about it but you can find anything you need to know here.

Ok :) Thanks for the replies guys :) Yeah.. it was only that I thought 6 shared IRQ's on such a vital thing as the Graphics card could have a possible performance drawback... (after all, the gfx card manufacturers mentions that having a dedicated IRQ for your gfx card is "optimal").. I dunno heh ;)

I upgraded my BIOS right now btw; and things got rearranged a bit, now there's only 5 shared devices, and on IRQ 11 instead ;)

oops2.png

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:p ...and yup ACPI is the culprit, not that its doing anything bad...

Back