• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting idea? Globe mod sorta thing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodums

You know how globe has a ball that spins on a base that's supporting the ball?! How bout do this on a pc?, or is it even possible. Make a spherical ball for the top, put the motherboard there with fans etc, then the base, and have some kind of low powered motor spinning it. It would rock if you add a cathode in there as well. The only thing that would be hard is mounting the mobo and how to make a ball shaped top.

Any ideas? :D

Yodums

it makes sense but then the wires would get all twisted up and that wouldnt be good, they would twist together until the puny little motor couldnt take it anymore and the rest is for your imagination, but cool idea yodums

Interesting idea, and very possible. Not that I'll do it :)

The easiest way would be to have wireless keyboard and mouse, and ALL components rotating- including the psu: you would only need to transfer electricity through 3 lines that way (and if you were brave 2.)

I don't know the proper name for them, but there are electrical connections that allow continuous rotation....like a fan. Other devices that are somewhat more heavy duty use the same concept. This would allow ac to go through the rotational joint and get to the psu.

Voila.

i dont think a heatsink/waterblock would respond well to being moved so much. nor would a harddrive or cdrom.
<<<<< (parade rainer)

If it was moving slow... it might not be a problem... and just mount the mobo horizontal.... parallel to the floor.

Back