• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATA-133 - 18'' UV Sensitive Silver Braided

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you mean both UV cold cathode and blue cold cathode will work? Does anyone have pictures that can show how the UV light works?

wut does that have to do with the topic at hand peng??

i have a pair these cables, they look AWESOME!!! under UV
CC, i also have some blue CC's and i'll tell yall if they
work with those too later tonight when it gets dark!

It's a blacklight, I don't know where this 'high tech' sounding UV light term came from...

And the reason blues kinda work is because blue has the highest frequency on the visible spectrum, and blacklights/UV go a bit over that, part of it is invisible light, the other part is that bluish/purple light.

And UV cathodes are only $14.99 on that same site, don't bother with SVC and end up paying more plus two shipping charges.

--Illah

well, a blacklight does emit ultra violet rays...and it's easier to type

UV

instead of this long word

blacklight

:D

Does that mean UV(blacklight) Cold Cathode will perform better than blue Cold Cathode in day time?

supra33202 said:
Does that mean UV(blacklight) Cold Cathode will perform better than blue Cold Cathode in day time?

Well the UV CC will produce a lot less visible light but your UV sensitive components will glow a lot more. The blue CC will produce much more visible light but your UV sensitive components will glow a little only. Personally I think the effect is wasted with a blue CC because the light from the CC is much brighter than the glow from the UV sensitive components.

Back