• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 810 and SoftFSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

Can you use SoftFSB to up the FSB for an Intel CA810E mobo?

If so, what settings are used? It appears that this board isn't supported by FSB, but you can make your own mobo and pll-ic files for it to use.

I don't know about SoftFSB, but I know that Intel Mobos are crappy when it comes to OCing. If you don't want a faster processor/memory then at least get a new mobo if you wanna OC. An 810 Chipset mobo w/ good OCing capabilities should be fairly cheap right now. I'll take a look around.

[EDIT: What kind of processor do you currently have?]

hmm, sounds like a problem I once had...(ghetto compaq mobo with the i810 chip...CRAP!!! Youre actually looking for a long black chip that prolly says ICS on it. Look for a set of numbers, like 5610-10 (I think thats what my board had) then set those values in the program, SoftFSB, I recomend you get CPUFSB. Then youll be on ur way to (ghetto)overclocking :D ...have fun!

Klowd, just saw your post. I thought all the mobos of one type had the same PLL. I was wrong. Disregard this:

One more post..I swear:

I just found out the PLL-IC number for your board. It's ICS 9250-16. Un fortunately I don't know if it's A B C or D. Might wanna try them all and see which one works in WCPUID.

Last edited:
Back