• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost my KT3 Ultra Aru quick users guide! need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

hey,

i am just about to install windows 2k on my newly built comp. I am using RAID on my KT3 Ultra Aru, however i have heard alot of talk about RAID 0 and RAID 1 - well i have kinda seemed to have lost my quick users guide and now not sure what to do. I have put my hard drives into IDE3 and IDE 4 but are they meant to be in any specific places? - like my OP on a specific one? Also on the disk array can anyone give me guidelines on how it should be set up and how it should be etc.

So basically i need abit of help with which drives connect to which RAID IDE slots and also the disk array set up.

This would be very helpful!

thanks

Jonny

Considering your two massively different HDDs, I don't think you can put together a RAID array. lvl 0 is completely out of the question. 1 might be possible, but it would limit you to 20 gigs of space and the slowest speed, so it wouldn't be too practical. You may just want to run them as standard HDDs, instead of a RAID array.

Back