• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dMark Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goofyman23

When I run 3Dmark2001SE it will randomly halt and freeze my pc. It doesnt matter what test its on, but I havent been able to complete the test so far :\.
Any suggests as to why this happens?

my vid is o/c'd:
Geforce4 ti 4600 @ 360/750
Should I run it a little lower?
I purchased it from ocsystem.com already setup like this with thier own version of the BIOS on the vid card.

:\ Sons a ******* sold me a ****ty vid card lol.

Here's a dumb question for ya, whats a good prog to DECLOCK the card? :)

Goofyman23 said:
:\ Sons a ******* sold me a ****ty vid card lol.

Here's a dumb question for ya, whats a good prog to DECLOCK the card? :)
WHOA!!! stop right where you are.

360/750 is WAY above specs for a ti4600. if its stable anywhere near that you have gotten an incredible overclock.

I downloaded Powerstrip and it said my clocks were 317/750.
I just put them down to 263/729 which is the lowest it will go, is that good?

Goofyman23 said:
I downloaded Powerstrip and it said my clocks were 317/750.
I just put them down to 263/729 which is the lowest it will go, is that good?
the higher the better but also the more unstable.

in other words... you want the numbers to go as high as will complete 3dmark2001se. if its too high for the card then it will kick you out of 3dmark or lock up your computer.

Even with the clocks down to 285/700 it still works like **** so I'm going to return it and get a MSI GF4 ti 4600 and work with a more stable card.

Goofyman, I don't see how you can justify returning a card because it doesn't run stable way overclocked. As Nikoror says you should try default 300/650. If you want to go for such a massive overclock you might look into a more aggressive cooling solution.;) Sorry forgot my manners,WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

Grande Juan said:
Goofyman, I don't see how you can justify returning a card because it doesn't run stable way overclocked.

look at his post again, he said he bought it pre overclocked. i would return it too.

The default IS 300/650, if you're trying to run it at /750 then you should expect it to not work unless you have m@d cooling. Don't be putting yourself in the situation of not having a video card for a while. MSI Ti 4600 isn't even a very good 4600, you'll want a Leadtek, Gainward, or ASUS (that is if you do decide to not listen to us and get a new one)

So lower the clock speed, if powerstrip won't lower it down to default then find something that will. Most Ti 4600s that I've seen already come with overclocking tools.

Back