• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Increasing 7RVXP voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Ok well after looking on my board it says I have the dreaded ver. 1.1 :( Well I heard some people saying if you set the vcore to +7.5% and the agp voltage to 1.7 Geforce 4 Ti's will work on it, is that true? and if so is their any damage or long term effects that will happen with the increased voltage? Also will things like your graphics card temp will rise and will need to be watercooled cause of the voltage increase? I also heard people saying somthing about boards with the agp card support clip doesnt have as many problems, well my board has a white locking clip for the agp card but I thought all of them did, but anyway do people with the whiteclip boards still have this problem?.. I dont see why not but who knows! ;) Thanks!

there is a return program in which your 1.1 will be reworked.
Gigabyte adds the needed parts to support the GF4 ti cards.

It takes time but it should only cost you shipping.
They have my board right now.
I called 1-626-854-9338
then press 4 for RMA.

they will fax you a sheet.
You will need to fill in your model #, Serial No., purchase date, and the problem.
They also asked for an invoice number. I just made up a number and they never asked :)

I spoke with someone named DAVID if that helps.

yea it kindove sucks having to send it back to them. How long did it or do you think it is going to take? And i currently dont have a fax machine so is their another way (such as a website or live chat with them) or somthing I could return it though? Also now I mean if its gonna take like a month for them to replace it I REALY dont want to do that, I need my pc's going and it would REALY suck to have that one down especialy since its my best one. :( To me if all it takes is to increase the voltage than I might do that, That is as long as it wont have any side effects or long term damages done to my system or anything attacheted to it. When increasing the volatage does it just make ur video card run hotter or what and would it need to b watercooled then? Thanks! :p

Me the.....

luck one. I have the sys below and it's rev 1.1 and at default voltages and it's running fine no problems or lock ups at all

Back