• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI fan noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xbiker321

I have read that he MSI video cards come with a loud core cooling fan. I was wondering it it was loud enough that i might hear it over my 4000rpm sunon fan. also does anyone know the dba, noise level, of the MSI fan? :eh?:

I am talking about the msi geforce 4 ti series, mostly the 4200's

Thanks

Thanks for the info Maxvla, I heard MSI were really great overclockers and came with a really nice bundle pack. :D

xbiker321 said:
Thanks for the info Maxvla, I heard MSI were really great overclockers and came with a really nice bundle pack. :D
exactly correct. i am sitting on a 45mhz gpu overclock and a 100mhz memory overclock. not the absolute best... but pretty good for stock cooling.

hehe my ti4400 has a 150 ram overclock :D w/ramsinks

but a 28 mhz core overclock :(

no vmod yet so "its all good"

Lol well i cant hear anything over my 82cfm delta cpu fan...that sucker is LOUD.....lol

And what is with the insane o/c of these new video cards? why bother? o/c is great but does in turn reduce life of components a bit...no game thats on the market will use the full capacity of 128ddr ram =/.....id rather wait till theres a game that challanges the card before i o/c it.....just my opinion on new vid card o/c

My msi overclocks very well, 315mhz on the core and 560mhz on the ram, stock heatsink and no ramsinks, I leave it at 300/513 until I can get some ramsinks for it, also has a KILLER BUNDLE! plus it's a nice red pcb, with a killer chromish looking heatsink.

yeah the msi's are getting great overclocks.

as long as you aren't pushing it at its overclocking limits you won't damage your card in any way.

i don't run mine at 320/650 all the time. just for benchmarks.

I had to replace my heatsync with a 1ucpu cooler- it was just TOOO loud........ loudest thing in the system! (Watercooled-

Back