• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbee needs Help setting up BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyT

Registered
Hi,

I've put togetter my first system and I'm ready to set up the BIOS but I need a lot of help. Obviously I don't want to OC at this time I just want an optimized well running system. This is my basic system:

Abit BD7II-Raid MOBO w/Intel 2.26GHz Proc.,
One 512Mb PC2700 Samsung DDR,
Two 80 GB WD SE HDD's that I plan to RAID,
Abit gForce 4 Ti 4200, Plextor 40x CDRW,
ASUS 52x CDRom

Yes, I read the manual but it does not tell me what settings to use and why. For example:

CPU Operating Speed: "CPU Speed = External Clock Speed x Multiplier Factor" I guess the clock speed is 533MHz but, what is the multiplier?

External clock(CPU,AGP,PCI): It says it can be between 100 and 250 MHz. They say the best is either 100 or 133MHz but default is 100MHz. What do I set it at for my CPU?

PCI Bus Freq.: Ext. Clock/3, Ext. Clock/4, 44MHz, 37MHz, 33MHz. How should I know what to use?

Multiplier: x8, x9, x10, x11, x12....... ???

These are just a few of the options in the BIOS. Also, I see there is a feature called " Load Optimized Defaults " . Will this AUTO Detect everyting and then load " Optimized " values?

Perhaps there is an online guide that explains in great detail how to set up the BIOS?

Thanks in advance,
TommyT

Can't help with the bios functions since I don't have an Abit board, but I can explain the CPU running speed

The FSB of your 2.26 P4 is 133 (quad-pumped) therefore, the 533 in the ads

The multipier of your 2.26 is 16.99 ( 2260mhz = 133fsb x 16.99 multiplier)

Just treat your multiplier has 17

Oh and the default AGP/PCI output frequency is 66mhz for AGP slot and 33mhz for PCI slot

Back