• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel P4 Stock Heatsink fan modification

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overcrocker

I have a cheap and simple idea on how to improve performance of your Intel Heatsink fan which will bring down the temperature from 4-6C.

This is what you need;
1. 3M heavy duty double side tape (9lbs)
2. 1pc- 90mmX90mmX25mm Fan 12V with at least 0.20amp

Instructions
Install everything as usual and measure your temperature reading when running CPU intensive stress programs.

Use the 3M tape and stick the extra 90mm fan on top of the existing Intel Heatsink fan blowing down on your existing Intel heatsink fan.

Check your temperature again and you will find a 4-6C drop in temperature at a much cheaper costs. You will realise that Intel HSF was not inferior at all except for the low speed fan it provides. Therefore by adding another fan to boast the air flow will gain additional performance.

yes, but removing the stock fan and screwing on the new, more powerfull fan will look better and give even better results, this is because the stock fan is rendered useless with your idea and even blocks some of the air flow from the new fan

overcocker said:
Thanks for feedback and better suggestions like removing the Stock fan but how can it be done?

i don't really know, i should have really looked at the heatsink before assuming that the fan came off.

it appears to me that the fan is part of the mounting system - correct?

if so the best bet is just disconnect the fan, as it is blowing in the opposit direction to thefan you have put ontop

after removing the clip ...

you can remove the fan by tweezing the clip, it will come off easily ...

After removing the fan, you might not be able to mount the HS as the fan is part of the Heatsink in mounting it.

For the second fan is actually blowing down the Heatsink and not the away therefore having another extra fan on top blowing down the heatsink helps to increase air flow as they are running on the same directions.

Try it as it will lower temp by 4-6C.

I am still thinking a way to remove the Intel fan without affecting the mounting of the Heatsink.
Any Suggestions from the master member or the seniors here as Help is needed here.

Back