• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Vcore on MSI KT333 ultra2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Allmighty

Registered
Can anybody tel me how to unlock the Vcore on my MSI KT3Ultra2 mainboard. I can't set it higher then 1,75 and that is not enough.

Thanx...:D :D :D

We have a section set aside for MSI motherboards. You will get a better response from there.

TY, welcome to the forums have fun and relax.

peace,
stompah

Yo Stompah

Thanx for the great tips how to unlock AMD CPU's

I have also placed this question at the mainboardsection.

Cya around....

Greetinx Allmighty :beer:

Your max vcore is based on the proc. I am not sure from which stepping the default of 1.65V starts but when the system boots it detects the default vcore from the proc so if your default is 1.65 then max vcore is set to 1.75. if you have a proc with a default 1.75 then you'll get 1.85.

Ok Tiger

Now i understand.

These guys have a 1600+ and a 1ghz.

I have a 2200+

That can make the difference

Grtx Allmighty

:p :p :p

You're out of luck the max it will go to is 1.85V. The mobo adds another 0.05V so the system runs at around 1.90V.

I don't know if there is a bridge mod for th XP. The Duron and T'birds could be modded by connecting all the L7's but that makes the default 1.85 and does not affect the voltage controller on the mobo. What happens is the mobo detects the default voltage and sets it at that. The max is set at 1.85 because that is the max voltage that the IC controlling the voltage regulators is designed for. If you want higher voltages you have to do the volt mod which is a resistor attached to one of the legs of the IC and to ground that fools the IC into thinking its not supply sufficient voltage.

Back