• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Success!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital Pimp

hey all i have just unlocked my athlon XP1600!!!

i'd like to thank my knee for holding the xp steady
the magnifier/light clamped to my bed
roll of tape
and winshield defogger

but last and certinly not least the THREE cans of coke i drank BEFORE trying to unlock, which made me have to re-do it 3 friggin times. :D

thanks all for your help and support, let's see how high i can oc now

Thanks, Digital

seems to be the motherboard limiting my oc i can only get my k7s6a stable at 143/143 i have the muiltplier at 12 now 1716Mhz kinda stable at stock voltage.

Digital

it might be cause you are only using pc2100 ram. If you invest in either some 2400 ram or some 2700 ram I am sure that you can get your fsb a bunch higher.

Congrats!!!

You should be able to hit 150fsb w/ that ks75a w/ good memory
and powerful psu. I had a k7s5a for about 6mos and ran 150fsb rock stable w/ my old xp1700+.

yes get something other than pc2100 ram, i got 3 256 chips pc 2100, and now i wana get some pc2700 ram but wtf am i gona do with the 3 256 chips?????lol

.......e-bay :D although that site can be E-Gay as in Exra-Gay at times.....

maxima88 said:
Congrats!!!

You should be able to hit 150fsb w/ that ks75a w/ good memory
and powerful psu. I had a k7s5a for about 6mos and ran 150fsb rock stable w/ my old xp1700+.

Maxima, he stated he had a K7S6a not the 5A. 5a has 735 chipset and 6a has 745 chip. They also have diff bios. I havent spent much time with my 6a board so i dont know what you can get as far as fsb. I use it as a linux box and dont tinker with it much.

i the thrill you gone through...yeah, i was like that when i successfully unlocked my chip a month ago..i felt like on top of the world:eek: congrats, man, and besure to shed some more on your sub-system in order to get the most out of your processor. have fun!

thanks guys but i'm still having problems burning the system in at 143fsb, i dont think the memory is the problem it's running 143 cas2. even if i go to cas3 still probs, any ideas?

Digital

Try upping your vcore voltage, K7S5As and K7S6As do generally have a problem 150FSB and higher, but I have come across a few that dont like to go 143FSB and higher...

Back