• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Fan???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Linkin Park

HI, I have a KT3 Ultra w/ the VIA KT33 Chipset and w/ the stock chipset fan..but i have a blue orb and was wondering which one would be better for Overclocking it??

PS. i also have a Cooler Master Heat Pipe (HHC-001) for my Athlon XP 1800+ and was wondering what u guys though of this HSF and was also wondering if i could buy another Fan thats 7,000 RPM that would be less noisy because right now i have to keep my case int he closet cause i just cant stand the noise :)

first off that fan is not THAT loud. u should try my old one..Thermaltake Dragon orb3, now that thing was loud. i have the CM with heatpipe now and its a wayyyy GOOD cooler. if you lap the bottom u'll get even better temps with it...when ya buy it the bottom is a lil rough..so lapping, (sanding it mirror smooth) does wonders! as for chipset fan....u really dont even need one. BUT if u must have one the stock one works plenty fine. the Blu ORB wont fit. i have one and it doesnt fit on the mobo. for reals though...a fan is not needed...a HEAT sink is though. so your covered with the stock cooling.

OK Thanks for the reply...what grade sandpaper should i use???

and Right now im looking at PC Alert 3 and it says that my Fan is runing at 7700 RPM's.....should i be worried because the box said that it runs at 6800(I also took off the grill on the fan because it reduces the noise...coudl this be allowing it to go faster???)

Last edited:
Back