• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So many brands!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eh?

Im finally upgrading my memory and im not quite sure which one to get. I know my chip goes over 166 fsb so i was looking at either 2700 or 3000. and i was thinkging about Corsair and the Corsair XMS seriers. Or samsung. now ive heard stories of both of them sucking and the samsung not being real from newegg, which is where im gonna order from. I was aslo thinking about Kingmax.... but i haven't been paying attetion to whats been going with memory so if you guys could give me you input i would appracite it.

truthfully... i haven't heard anyone say anything about having a bad experience with mushkin ram. it may not have always gotten the best overclocks but i think it is more consistent at delivering a higher average overclock than other brands.

you hear both sides of the coin about just about all the companies besides mushkin and corsair. i believe these companies are in a league of their own when it comes to performance memory.

The thing about Samsung PC2700 RAM and Newegg was they were selling CTL DIMMs but shipping DTL DIMMs. The CTL "stepping" was much better than the DTL so people we're pooed!!

Just go with good ol' Corsair =) PC3200CL2 is out, you should get that.

Back