• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bongo

IM planning on buying some mushkin ram to replce the crappy stick of samsung pc2700dlt I have.

Now Ive been looking around...and would like to know which muskin you guys prefer.
-pc3000

or

-pc3200

Im probably getting a 512mb stick .... any advice?

i have a pc-2700 512 ram of mushkin it seems to work pretty well. I boosted the fsb kind of high so i can get more speed out of this computer. i believe i went 148fsb i would go higher, but its summer hot hot hot. I reccomend mushkin gave me no problem so far

i have a 256mb stick of pc3000

it'll do 145 cas 1.5, 196 cas2, and so far i've only gotten up to 206 cas2.5

i'm very pleased with this memory.

Yeah I know that you can get 190+ fsb cas2 with the mushkin pc3000, but I haven't seen many people use the pc3200.

You think thats its better? The price difference isn't that big. So Im really looking for somebody that used the pc3200 and knows what it can do.

:beer:

Another thumbs up for the PC3000!! I got it for $60 (great deal!!), and have not yet been disappointed. I'm not using it at its full potential right now....167 w/ aggressive timings, just until I can burn in my 1600+

:beer:

You really can never go wrong with Mushkin and their lifetime warranty.

xvi3tsoljahx said:
i have a pc-2700 512 ram of mushkin it seems to work pretty well. I boosted the fsb kind of high so i can get more speed out of this computer. i believe i went 148fsb i would go higher, but its summer hot hot hot. I reccomend mushkin gave me no problem so far

Does that mobo have the 1/5 pci dividers?

What I did was I called and asked (Mushkin) for their 'fastest DDR RAM' price no object.
The reply was "will this be used for o/cing"? *As we both snickered then broke into shear laughter* YES !!! Was my ernest reply...... As he recommended a single stick of 512m pc3000, cc# followed......

I've not been disappointed. Highest I've run the RAM is 180.66 @ 2.6v with the H/W strap low, Dram Ratio 3:4, which I believe is giving me 480.66mhz !!!!

Nice flavor chip, if ya ask me.......... ;)

(Thanx be to Mr. Lewis Keller, Manager, Mushkin Memory Systems)

Last edited:
Back