• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kx7-333 devisor question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thefly

Hi,

I was wondering if the kx7-333 board has a /5 devisor?

I'm thinking of picking up one of these boards.

What do people think of it? Decent board?

I've got a kt7a and really like the board. Find it stable and reliable.

Thanks.

One heck of a board IMHO. Bandwidth is nuts. Cheap (Price wise), performance, and stable like a rock. The board is a KT333 board so yes it has a 1/5 divider. IMHO it's the best KT333 board right now.

Ya. i'm wondering if an xp 1600 agoia-y or agoga-y might be able to hit 166. That would leave the pci and agp at 33-66.

I can get one for about 140 canadien. ;) not too bad.

yup

thefly said:
Ya. i'm wondering if an xp 1600 agoia-y or agoga-y might be able to hit 166. That would leave the pci and agp at 33-66.

I can get one for about 140 canadien. ;) not too bad.

see sig. with that 1/5 divider, i climbed to 181 fsb.....locked ...agoia y.......

and ...yes ....the kx7-333 is supposed to be a kick-*** board. it's supposed to o/c better than the at7 , which i use, and mine is a nice board. i think the kx7-333 is supposed to be pretty much the same as a kr7a, but with a kt333 instead if kt266.

:burn:

Great! Should be some good fun putting this new machine together.

That's a nice overclock you have going there!

Yes grab the freakin ABIT KX7-133RAID and slap in a XP 1600+.... checp kick *** combo! period.

Buy it.. i would if i had to do it all over again..

That 1600 will take whatever ya can throw at it... plus it overclocks better then most 2200+ chips out there on air.. So totaly go for it.

I mean hell... you can get a Abit KX7-133Raid for only 102 bucks at www.newegg.com and a freakin AMD XP 1600+ for 57 bucks at the same place... I mean... crap i would buy it if i had to money and i already own 2 systems with a 2100+ and a 2000+.

Yes the Abit KX7 is the best board out there for the KT333 chipset. Hands down. Overclocking, stable and freakin fast!... Make sure to grab the Raid version so you will atleast have 2 extra IDE prots.

Oh and dont use the 5th divider intill ya overclock the FSB to 166+.. Below that ya need to use the 4th divider to keep it in spec.

133/4=33 for the PCI
166/5=33 for the PCI

Also ya dont really even need to unlock the 1600 since you can reach higih Mhz with it if ya set it for 166+... It will take awhile to max it out if ya got a good copper heatsink on her and good ventilation in the case.

I dont know if anyone has ever maxed out what a AMD XP chip can take on the FSB... i've heard of people going as high as 245+FSB so i'm sure ya dont have to worry about that.

Also get ya some good... i mean great ram.. If your interested in going as high as you can with this board grab up either some Xtreme DDR 3200 or Corsair 3200 or the 3200cas2 version.. Either one in 2.1 revision..

If your happy with just getting 166-170 then grab some Samsung Original 2700.

agree

i agree with you. i have the abit at7 and it rocks....and the kx7-333 is supposed to blow it away......or at least clock better...he he he

and as far as your idea, that the xp1600 clocks better and higher than 2100 or 2200, you're right on that too. i took out my xp2100...which was at 1.8 gig, and i put in the xp1600, and hit 1.9 gig...on air....locked.......:burn: :burn: :burn:

Re: agree

madsam said:
i agree with you. i have the abit at7 and it rocks....and the kx7-333 is supposed to blow it away......or at least clock better...he he he

and as far as your idea, that the xp1600 clocks better and higher than 2100 or 2200, you're right on that too. i took out my xp2100...which was at 1.8 gig, and i put in the xp1600, and hit 1.9 gig...on air....locked.......:burn: :burn: :burn:

Freakin Sweet overclock man! hehehehe

Dang thats nice.. What stepping ya got?

lol

lol, i just ordered another one when they were 60 bucks. i had this @ 1.775 v , but it was unstable, and the 1.8 did the trick.....at stock voltage, i got this chip up to 1860 ...stable, and 1901.......very unstable.....beyond 1860, i needed to jump the voltage more rapidly.....still good though....

Grin. Acutally this is going to be a machine for my brother.

He's going to go from a p2 266 to this new machine. Thanks for all the tips.

I'll post some benches once it's built.

:)

thefly said:
Grin. Acutally this is going to be a machine for my brother.

He's going to go from a p2 266 to this new machine. Thanks for all the tips.

I'll post some benches once it's built.

:)

Wow is he ever gona flipout when he sees that system in action!

hehe tell him congrates!

Back