Notices

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.
Forum Jump

internet broadcasting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-15-02, 10:17 AM Thread Starter   #1
travenwatts

internet broadcasting

does anyone have any idea what it woudl take to start up an internet radio broadcast? a friend of mine wants to start a small radio station and i told him i would find out anything i could about it. i know nothing in terms fo equipment needed or anything. so if anyone has any info or links to info let me know please.

thanks
travenwatts is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-15-02, 10:36 AM   #2
Kingslayer

1. Powerful servers with lots of space.
2. Fast connection. Better than T3.
3. People willing to listen.

Hopefully your buddy is paying attention to all the radio sites that are being required to pay copywrite taxes by the record industry GreedEO's in excess of $50,000 in most situations.

This tariff has been held of by the courts, but it will more than likely comeback as the RIAA and their fellow moneymongers plead their piracy case.

The last thing your buddy wants is to drop $100,000 on servers and bandwidth, only to end up getting shut down due to not being able to pay the RIAA tariff.

Proud member of the XDC
Kingslayer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-13-05, 06:37 AM   #3
mcjcuk
Registered

ooookkkayy lol.. You can create a server if you have a good internet bandwidth. Or you could buy one for cheap at www.wavestreaming.com which are a great company and very reliable. I use them for my internet radio station www.jaycradio.co.uk ! Check out my internet radio station and the contact details are available for me (Dj Jay) on there. So please dont hesitate to contact me at any time if you need help!
mcjcuk is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 01-13-05, 07:18 PM   #4
Kendan
Senior Punk

Old 01-14-05, 11:30 PM   #5
koolaid

Yeah, just check out shoutcast if you are just in it to have fun.
koolaid is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Internet, Networking, and Security
Internet, Networking, and Security Networking and Viruses/Malware trouble. Get the answers here.