• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low mem bandwith P4B533-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slkcrab

Was wondering if anyone had any input regarding memory tuning.
System specs: P4B533-E (1007bios) 1.6a runnin at 154FSB (2.464) 1 512 chip of Corsair XMS3000C2.

PCI/AGP is locked at 66/33 (70/35 didn't make a difference) DIP trick for the memory and set at 1:1. This helped improve Sandra, but I would like to think I should be at or close to 3000. Mem timing is 2-2-2-5. Any ideas???

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo!!! Success!!!

Lastride, thanks for your link. I had been following a similiar one at asusboards and where I screwed up was thinking dip1 was dip6 (turns out I was the dip) set the right one and using the timing of 2-3-3-6 (lowest I could go) got the following bench!

Cool:),glad it turned out good for you.Yes,that link was at the Asus boards aswell I believe

I cannot access that link anymore. Can someone re post the link that was in the previous post.

Thanks,
Fitch

Does the 6th dip switch trick only work in jumper mode? I just tried it and I had no joy but am running in jumperfree mode - is that the problem? Does this mean I am going to be limited in my choice of FSB if I use the 3:4 divider as there are only certain frequencies listed on the jumpers.....

Just found out that the BIOS lies and 1:1 is actually 3:4, whilst 4:3 actually gives 1:1 :D Cool!

Back