• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silver thremal paste GOOD OR NOT???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

i bought some silver paste from comp usa its called antec reference silver thermal compound. is this as2? as3??? or should i got buy some diffrent stuff?

it isnt as at all it the antec reference white crap. just order a tube of as. and if you want to know what it looks like just goto the artic silver website.

hope that helps

Antec Silver is not AS2 or AS3 or AS of any kind as a matter of fact.. if you want the real deal buy it :)

Recent tubes of Antec Reference Silver Thermal Compound will perform EXACTLY like Arctic Silver 3. Look for the label that wraps all the way around the tube with no gap.

Nevin

i got that antec stuff before newegg did free shipping, cause with shipping costs, as was epensive, a bit more thatn the antec stuff. but now that they have free shipping, id recommend going with as, from a price view point, unless you dont like wating for shipping. the antec stuff isnt bad, the spoecs are the same as as2 i do believe. ive bough two tubes, and have had no problems, i saw no temperature increase over as2. however the second tube i got is a bouwn color????:rolleyes: other than that i saw no difference. comeon, its not like as is clavin cline, and thus it makes you more popular with your friends. why is there such an emotional fix to as??

athlonnerd - By brown do you mean a slight green tint? If so, trust me, it will perform exactly like Arctic Silver 3, hint, hint. ;) ;)

BTW, Nevin is the president of Arctic Silver.

yah if it aint artic silver then its prbably got less then 10% silver content. i got some of that antec stuff with a hs and it doesnt pefrom as well. i find as3 is great on well machined sufaces where as the cheap stuff works okay on rough machine surface.

Made with 99% pure micronized silver to transfer heat from your processor to your heatsink more efficiently.

Specifications:
- Made with 99% pure micronized silver
- 75% to 80% silver content by weight
- Extended temperature limits: -60 C to 170 C
- Thermal Conductivity: 8.2 W/m K
- Thermal Resistance: 0.0022 C/W
- Negligible electrical conductivity

thats the specks for the antec paste

Nevin said:
Recent tubes of Antec Reference Silver Thermal Compound will perform EXACTLY like Arctic Silver 3. Look for the label that wraps all the way around the tube with no gap.

Nevin
Big Bad oMek - Make sure you click on the profile of Nevin, I think his particular website is a good clue that he knows what he is talking about when he says it will perform EXACTLY like AS3;)

So since Chieftec makes the cases for Antec, and I'm sure some other company makes there fans and PSUs, does Artic silver make the silver compound for Antec? Nevin?

Back