• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem w/xp and ak31v3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

64Thunderbolt

i have my hdd problem solved... now i cant get xp to load.. i get an error that xp cant install ***.dll file, then it stops loading...

I had xp loaded before another problem forced me to refomat the hard drive... not it doesnt load...
I was able to get 98 to reload...

Charlie

What are your other components? Are they XP compatible. I did the same thing when I tried to put XP on a motherboard that later I found out wouldn't take XP.

Have you run that little XP compatibility program?

yea, iv ran the program.. it dosnt come up with much... my printer, and thats about it... the printer works with my other computer, also a shuttle board. Its weird because I had it running with XP and everything hooked up. The only thing is my hdd was jumpered wrong. Now that I fixed that, Im having these other problems..

Charlie

Well let me tell you why I've taken so long to post. I felt like I had a bad XP install 'cause explorer kept shutting down, and I couldn't OC at all. So I formatted hard drive and spent all night fighting to get XP in again. I had to end up taking out most of my peripherals to get it in. I also had to put all the default BIOS settings back, so I'm running at 100 FSB. I had another hard drive handy so I swapped them and everything loaded smoothly this time. I can't figure out why the other wouldn't take it, so I tried it too with all the default settings and peripherals out. It still wouldn't take XP. They are both Maxtor 60Gig's. Strange. Huh?

yea strange... mines a 60 Maxtor also...Im bummed out.. well, im getting ready to try again.. Im going to flash the BIO's to the new one on their site. Then format and partition the hard drive, and then try again...

Thanks for the info..

Cheers:beer:
Charlie

Looks like this install is much better. I'm already through a cycle of Prime 95 at FSB 140. I'll start creeping up from here. The files just weren't seating correctly on the other HDD.

The latest is s2ei, I think. That's the one I'm using. I'm running at 150 FSB still stable so far, but I have a cooling problem. I think I'll be able to run at 148 FSB with the case all closed up and stable. Right now I have a regular house fan blowing into the side of the case. It keeps my CPU at 38 unloaded and 42 loaded. With the case closed up I'm at 52.5 C loaded.

yea, thats the one im using too.. i just reset everything back to default to try to get XP to load... no go, now im getting a "Manifest Parse Error. Invalid at the top level of the document" whatever that means....
my temps are about the same as yours... just a little lower, i have two inlet and two outlet fans and a 80mm fan on my cpu..

well, now it sounds like my new hdd is dead.. I reformated the drive ans reinstall windows 98 and half way through I heard a click from the hard drive and everything froze..now it doesnt do anything.. i start the computer and click, nothing

Im back to using old faithful

oh... forgot to mention, I reflashed the BIO's, it reset the cpu to 100 and now i cant change it back to 133... its been oone thing after another

One of those days. I'm at 150 FSB stable. I just cut a 7 inch hole in the side of my case and mounted a 6 dollar fan from Wal-Mart. It lowered my loaded CPU temps by 8 degrees C, which basically allows me to go from 148 to 150 stable. It also is very quiet with 2 speeds. I took out the other fans in the case b/c with or without them the temps stay the same. I'll get a pic Mon. and post it.

Did you try to swap HDD's? I know it's a bit## to lose your info though. Could you back it up on your burner and then try it on the Shuttle mainboard?

Back