• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a few F@H questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john240sx

i was thinking about how to fold faster. does the text client fold faster?
also, my client says that i completed 9 wu's but on the stat page i only have 8. when i installed F@H i signed up for team 32 right away so i didn't complete any wu's before. i don't get it.

finally, if my computer crashes does the current wu have a risk of getting corrupted?

sorry if these are Noob questions but i'm a noob :p

I have seem on some computer the text clients do in fact fold faster. But this could depends on rather or not you keep the client minimized or opened. You got to gave the stat page some time to update. The stanford site updates every hour and the statsman page updates every 6 hours. A computer crash could lead to data corruption, but im not sure on that. Any time my system freezes up, it never did so i think it is a small possibility

Supposedly the graphical client is just as fast as the text only as long as you keep it minimized (although you will find many people that argue this point.)

Sometimes the stats page has a significant lag time.

Depends on the crash. I've crashed many times without losing my current work, but if your proc overheats or your hd crashes I'm sure you could corrupt the data.

i was thinking about how to fold faster. does the text client fold faster?

some say is is maybe seconds faster but no miracles in switching. of course every second counts :D

also, my client says that i completed 9 wu's but on the stat page i only have 8. when i installed F@H i signed up for team 32 right away so i didn't complete any wu's before. i don't get it.

this might be bcause the WU has not been credidted to you yet on the stanford site. or it could be that the WU is "lost" for the moment and when stanford finds the error you will be credidted. worse case scenario though is that you might not get credit at all...

finally, if my computer crashes does the current wu have a risk of getting corrupted?

sorry if these are Noob questions but i'm a noob :p

yes. many have lost work this way and really the only way to avoid it is to not crash :D i don't recall it happening to me yet, but the risk is always there.

[edit]bbigJ is too fast [/edit]

FOLD ON
NAS

wow! those were fast responses.

i havn't crashed in a few moths but i just wanted to know what i should expect. i always keep my client minimised, if nobody noticed a difference then i would think there really wasn't one.

thanks for the fast responses.

Back