• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just cant get it right.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drak55

I just cant get it right ok I unlocked my XP2200 its on my A7v333 the only setting I been able to run it stable at 1923 my fsb is at 155/39 multiplier is at 12.5 vcore at 1.825 or 1.800 thats the best I have been able to do can someone help me get it to 2gig and stable PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your temps like? You can't expect 2 ghz without good cooling. I would try running at a multplier of 12 and 166 FSB.

Titan386 said:
What are your temps like? You can't expect 2 ghz without good cooling. I would try running at a multplier of 12 and 166 FSB.

if I run the multiplier anyless than 12.5 it wont boot I have tryed that because people have told me to run it at that and it wont boot right now my setup is FSB 155/39 vcore 1.825 mult at 12.5 gives me 1962 but cant seem to go any father than that I might just lock it again because befor I unlocked it I was able to hit 2023 but it ran extreamly hot 78c

Drak55 said:

if I run the multiplier anyless than 12.5 it wont boot I have tryed that because people have told me to run it at that and it wont boot right now my setup is FSB 155/39 vcore 1.825 mult at 12.5 gives me 1962 but cant seem to go any father than that I might just lock it again because befor I unlocked it I was able to hit 2023 but it ran extreamly hot 78c

Was, that running stable at 2023 MHz, and at what multipliers?

I'm not bothered about cooling as my CPU is currently sat at -33c ;)

-r00t3d

Drak55 said:

What temp is it running at now? Running at 78C is extremely dangerous, even if the internal diode is being read. I would be very careful with anything over 60C. Considering that you can't use all the multipliers, your unlock may not be complete. You could try it again and see if you can access any other multipliers. Good luck.

Drak try dropping your multi and upping the FSB. If you drop your multi and find it hangs then its not unlocked properly.

Also try setting your graphics and memory to standard ie no turbo settings

Titan386 said:

What temp is it running at now? Running at 78C is extremely dangerous, even if the internal diode is being read. I would be very careful with anything over 60C. Considering that you can't use all the multipliers, your unlock may not be complete. You could try it again and see if you can access any other multipliers. Good luck.

I'm able to us eall the multipliers its unlocked properly I dont know maybe I'm just trying to hard and cant seem to figure it out.

Neville said:
Drak try dropping your multi and upping the FSB. If you drop your multi and find it hangs then its not unlocked properly.

Also try setting your graphics and memory to standard ie no turbo settings

WOOHOO I hit 2GIGs I can thank you for that its seems that I did have the Turbo on no its off and I was able to hit 2gigs dont know how stable yet but I hit it temp is at 54c idle havent given it any load I'll wait till tuesday for that my watercooling should get here Maze3 and the heatercore plus I got a 350gph pump.

Drak55 said:

I'm able to us eall the multipliers its unlocked properly I dont know maybe I'm just trying to hard and cant seem to figure it out.

If all the multipliers are available to you, then dropping the multiplier and raising the FSB should provide increased performance than just raising the FSB.

Glad to see you've had some progress. Just out of curiosity, what RAM are you using?

Titan386 said:

If all the multipliers are available to you, then dropping the multiplier and raising the FSB should provide increased performance than just raising the FSB.

Glad to see you've had some progress. Just out of curiosity, what RAM are you using?

I had 2 sticks of 512 ddr I took one out to see if it made any differance but I'm going to put it back in MUSHKIN

Drak55 said:

I had 2 sticks of 512 ddr I took one out to see if it made any differance but I'm going to put it back in MUSHKIN

I meant what speed. I'm assuming its PC2700. If it is PC2100, it could be holding you back from reaching a higher FSB, that is why I mention it.

Back