• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody with a NEC FE700+? Horizontal lines in bigs CRTs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meksyk

I've bought a NEC FE700+ (on the internet, of course, with the S&H was cheaper than Circut city). bu I've noticed two horizontal lines on he screen. about at the first third and the secon third of the screen, I reported it to the retailler, and they sent me another whitout charging any S&H. (very good costumer service:D ) but for my surprize it had the same lines, the when I checked at CC it also had it. It's that normal whit 17+ inches monitors?? I have a fiend whit a 19' with the same problem

Last edited:
It's normal for ALL trinitron tubes and derived technologies. The lines are the sacrifice you make for the otherwise superior image quality. Learn to love 'em. =D

yep, they were there all along you probly just didnt notice them until you got the NEC FE700+ and by coincidence assumed it was the NEC FE700+.

Yes, all triniton monitors have these lines; its completely normal. They are usually only visable when the screen is mostly white, in cases such as word processing and such. In games, I've found they aren't noticable at all. It has something to do with the way the monitor is designed: it was either having the lines, or poor image quality. I'd rather deal with the lines myself.

I have a FE700+ that I bought almost a year ago. I am still using it now and I can hardly notice them anymore. They bugged me alot and I was going to take it back, but I guess it's a good thing I didn't.

thanxs

thankyou guys. that was very educational, at least now I know I'm not seeing visions, besides it's true, i only noticed one week after i've been using it, on a white "page not found" screen, anyway, there isn't many whites screens on Alien vs Predator 2 or Unreal t. :D

Back