• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

that the command line client folds faster?

ive switched to it on my main rig... but i don't have the discipline to pay attention. i figured you guys would know though.

yeah you won't get any miracles by switching the the console, maybe a second or 5. some have gotten more but these are very rare instances. hey... but every second counts right:D

FOLD ON
NAS

I didn't notice a large difference, but the console version is more stable compared to the GUI version. So I didn't get any lock ups, corrupted WUs, etc. So if you factor in these errors, the console version is faster (for me at least).

i got about a minute cut off of my villins :) makes me a happy(ier*) camper...and even if you cut off say 30sec per frame that makes a huge difference! 100x30=3000/60=50! thats 50min cut off right there!*

AND remember to close with CTRL+C! do not use the x to close doc programs!

*note: not all people will experience this thrill.

if you set the priority higher in the windows task manager will it fold faster? like if you set it to high priority when you are away will it be any quicker? it still uses 100% cpu either way.

Maxvla said:
if you set the priority higher in the windows task manager will it fold faster? like if you set it to high priority when you are away will it be any quicker? it still uses 100% cpu either way.

No, it won't fold that much faster. Also setting it too much higher will make your system unstable.

I also noticed a big change in speed going to console about 6 months ago ,and I think robjustice also switched to conso;le,and he thinks it is faster . Console is all I run on all 3 rigs ,and since I leave them on 24/7 ,and I just turn off the monitor (heat is badf for O/Cing computers ) when I am finished with them so I dont need a screensaver .

Maxvla said:

nope the only priority setting it is supposed to respond to is what you have in the cfg (either idle or low).

the reason for this is because that controls the priorty of the core and not task manager itself.

FOLD ON
NAS

Back