• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIW 8500 Video Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Loyalty

My AIW 8500 will not have functional TV or any video input with the new 2.2 drivers. Even when I went back to the old drivers it would play about two seconds of the input and continue to repeat it. I have a DVD burner I would like to be able to get some use out of it. Is there also some good software for capturing video using DivX? I am using 2000 Pro.

I also ran into problems after updating the drivers, but after uninstalling all the software and drivers that came with the AIW8500, I downloaded and installed all the new downloads from ATI. Everythings fine now.

I uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled the newest(2.2) and the capture drivers and still had problems. I uninstalled those and installed the 2.1 and the problem was solved, but I would like to be able to use the 2.2 drivers since it has helped my performance a little bit except for in this situation.

Last edited:
with the cat 2.1s there were 3 drivers you needed, with the 2.2s there are 4 files you will need to download and install. you will need the video card drivers, the wdm capture drivers, the MMC (multi media center) software and the new control panel software. if you download and install all of those drivers it should work (works 4 me).

Back