• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

some mod ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
ok these ideas im going to list off ARE NOT pc mods. but feel free to post your pc mods and anything else off the wall..

#1 the blow torch mod: modding a blow torch into a welding torch using a piece of copper pipe some latex hose and a medical oxygen tank.

#2 the stearing wheel mod: im going to get a piece of 3/4" acrylic tube and bend it into a circle then im ataching it to thick pieces of lexan to mount the the steering colum. then im going to be ataching hose barbs to it. running clear teflon tubing into the dash then it will run to the back seat where ill have a verry small phaze cooler refridgerating the water to about 10C and ill be adding uv die to the water and working uv leds into the plastic where it ataches to the 6 diffrent pieces of lexan

#3 the split intake mod: removing the stock intake getting a piece of aluminm pipe about 3' long the same or close to the diamater of the stock intake, you then cut one short piece and two about 8" pieces at about the 5" marker you cut them at about a 60 degre angle and then weld the togeather and then weld it to the base tube. then you atach a filter to each opening and mount to intake port.

#4 the cold intake mod: this envolves cuting your ac line adding in a Y or T joint at the evaporator. you then take a piece of 1/4" copper tubing and connet it to the joint you just added and then wraping it around your intake pipe AND/OR the air filter. and then your recharge the system.

#5 the neon mod: ok you get 10 24" neons of your choice of colors and mount the across the WIDTH of the bottom of the car. now you get a lap top and you need to find a program to monitor your speedometer and ajust a blink rate along the sequence of lights acordingly(the faster you go the quicker the lights flash in order)

all those sound cool but i wouldnt try em, i dont know enough aobut cars. (or blowtortches)

for that cold air intake idea i thought about something with pelts adn useing the allready their water cooling for the engine , and just get a better rad for it

yea that would be a problem cus the water for the engine isnt cold enough to keep the pelts temps down.

yeah i gues then u could just make your own loop for the pelts , use a pump thats designed to run off 12 DC , maybe a fuel pump ?

could get a bielge pump i think thats what they are called. they ron on 12V. yea i guess that if you made a cold plate with a rounded surface to contact the intake pipe youd get the same thing going.

yes well my car does not have ac , and just this week ive been playing with the intake , nothing to extensive opened it up a bit for more air to get in and added a k&n to it , their is defitnly a diferance , it also has a cat back job

ive got the 93 suzuki sidekick JLX ( 1.6l I4 EFI version ) with its 5 speed and 184k miles on its engine to around 110-115 mph , with these modifactions , and thats on back country roads , not on the free way

adding something mentioned above with a pelt or something to make the air colder say around 5 C , do u think that would make such a huge improvement? would i have to worry about condensation ?

i dont think condensation would be to big a problem as thers so much airflow any water forming should get evaporated almost instantly. with the colder air going into the engine it should give you a pretty nice preformance kick. do you know how to weld? if you do you can just go to home depot or something similar and get a piece of aluminm pipe and change your stock intake into a cold air intake pretty easily.

no i dont know how. i signed up for the class but it was full so im SOL . where in home depot would i find this aulm pipe , i can just use rubber hose pices to make the joints for the turns . ive seen this done before

um im not sure about home depot having them that was just a guess the one neer me doesnt carry ****. im sure some hardware store would have it theres a little generic one neer me they carry alot of stuff that home depot doesnt.

Back