• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2200+ and 8k3a Temp Problems, concerning Bios!! Using Air!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rom173

Registered
Help Help Help!!

Anyone using Air and the 2200+. I just bought the 8k3a, and I have read and flashed almost every bios for this board. The only one that reads a sane result in temps is the 2626 bios. But I think that it must be wrong, because all the other bios's are reading my cpu temp much higher! I have read tons of posts concerning this issue, but the majority of users for this board are using water cooled systems, and not air.

I am currently using the 2812 bios, and I am overclocked to 2034hmz using air. But my cpu temp is at 68c and my board is only at 28c! My Vcore is at 1.97v, and my memory is at 2.9V. I don't even know if that is safe for the 2200+. I used to use the msi kt3, and never had to run in these specs for the same speed.

Weird thing is, I touch my components, and they are either cool or warm, not scorching hot. I read one link that said that you should knock up to 20c from the die readings on the 8k3a, and another 10c on top of that if you are using the 2200+. Is that true, or am I in trouble?!!

I am at 176 x 11.5, My rig is as follows:

-2200+
-8k3a
-Cooler Master Heat pipe with Focused Flow 60mm delta 50cfm.
Vantec Tornado 80mm untake directly over cpu, northbridge, memory, and video card.
-radeon 7000
-4 extra 80mm delta intake and out take fans.

I'm concerned, because it's not even hot yet, and I know that the temps are going to rocket in the afternoon where I live.

Help!!

:( :mad: :mad: :(

rom173 said:
Help Help Help!!

I read one link that said that you should knock up to 20c from the die readings on the 8k3a, and another 10c on top of that if you are using the 2200+. Is that true, or am I in trouble?!!

I: :(

Oops, I meant to say knock OFF up to 20c and another 10c if you are using the 2200+ like I am.

Here's the link
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194072

Read the section where it says note. Thanks again.

I never heard of the Epox reading the internal diode wrong. My processor is at 38c load right now (Seti@Home) and its 22.2c ambient, my case temperature is at 23.9c. If i were to knock off 20c from these temps, i'd be running 18c load, lol. I find this board to be very accurate when it comes to on-die temperature readout. The 2200+ are known to run hot and on top of that your giving it almost 2v with a so-so cooler. I wouldnt be suprised if this was really the temperature of the cpu. On hot days here, my cpu runs at 49c load and by hot i mean 35c + and ambient of 31c+.

Thanks Snow Bird.

I gotta get the slk800, and go from there I guess. I live in Ontario California. and my room temps get as high as yours on hot days, 31c+!

Which Bios are you using to get such low temps?

Also if you could provide me with the type of Heat Sink you're using for this board, Ild appreciate it, because you have some Sweet Temps!! I lowered the voltage and FSB to the same as what I had set my old MSI board, and the temps are still High! Thanks again.

Rom

rom173 said:
Thanks Snow Bird.

I gotta get the slk800, and go from there I guess. I live in Ontario California. and my room temps get as high as yours on hot days, 31c+!

Which Bios are you using to get such low temps?

Also if you could provide me with the type of Heat Sink you're using for this board, Ild appreciate it, because you have some Sweet Temps!! I lowered the voltage and FSB to the same as what I had set my old MSI board, and the temps are still High! Thanks again.

Rom

Ontario California, hehe

One thing though, i only have a 1600+ at 1.6v using a SK6 with a 5000rpm fan. You have a 2200+ overclocked and giving it 2v, the temps your seeing are high but normal for your setup i guess. Im using the latest bios on the Epox site. If you really want to get into the bios thing with this board, pm Silver, he's tried them all. He's a senior member here and im sure he'd be glad to help you.

Back