• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help My orb is Dying i think!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MySTiCuSS

Registered
Today i was playing warcraft 3 and suddenly i hear my dragon orb fan stop with spinning. I immediately stopped playing and checked the temps in windows WTF 70 degrees!! And swithced the power off. A couple of minuts later i tried to startup my computer everything looks fine. One hour later the same thing!!!! What is wrong with my pc? I don't think it is the PSU it is a chaintech 340 watt. Can someone tell me what the problem is? Is my dragon orb dying?

I belive there is a plug which connects the videocard to the fans/ is the plug fixed tightly. Iy may be loose so there is a lack of current to power the fan

I don't want to take the risk...So i am going to buy a new cpu cooler is the alpha 8045 a good choice or is the volcano 7+ better? There are no thermalrights here avaible so no slk 800 for me...

MySTiCuSS said:
I don't want to take the risk...So i am going to buy a new cpu cooler is the alpha 8045 a good choice or is the volcano 7+ better? There are no thermalrights here avaible so no slk 800 for me...

If you can, get the AX-7 or SLK800(they are the top performing heatsinks). They can both be found on www.svcompucyle.com , the SLK800 performs a little better. If you can't get one of these the Volcano 7+ performs a little better than the Alpha Pal 8045 but either hsf is fine.

MySTiCuSS said:

Between those two, I'd take the Alpha and a nice 80mm fan. Great hs, imo.

hey before you buy a new hsf (which might not be a bad thing since orbs are generally awful) is the power for the HSF plugged into the mobo header or the molex connector from the psu.

Always plug a hsf into a molex.

Back