• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Woes...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dj_unforgetable

I was a young boy of 14 when i first built my computer (look in sig, video card used to be Geforce2GTS, but changed). The computer was great, worked fine and dandy, in the summer of 2001, was up-to-date computer hardware. A year has passed since then, the AMD761, KT266A, KT333 and now the KT400 have arrived. I have yet to upgrade. Just this summer I got my watercooling rig setup. There were millisecond afterwards before I went into BIOS and overclocked that AXIA to 1.4Ghz (40% OC). Windows XP loaded however I got severe stutters and BSOD's involving nv4_disp. I quickly reduced O/C to 1.2Ghz and got it stable again. I surfed these forums and learnt that i needed to increase VCORE.

I ran it @ 1.2Ghz for about a week fine without any crashes or reboots. So this monrning, I got up, did my ususal business and turned the machine off to prep it for todays activities. I wanted to ensure that the waterblock is tight enough and so on. Once the waterblock was fixed properly, I turned the machine on and got no Video and no beeps. Turned it off, took out CMOS battery (while computer is off and unplugged to PSU) for 10min, put it back in and reset CMOS jumpers. Took out CPU, redid L1 brides and tunred computer on and it booted up fine. This time I left it at 1.0Ghz stock speeds (after about 1hour of worrying I said to myself that this day had enough drama, will increase voltage another time).

Another day had passed and in the morning I wanted to see if CPU multiplier is still working. Went into BIOS changed it from 7.5 (7.5 x 133) to 8.0; restarted and booted fine. Went into BIOS again and changed it from 8 to 9. This time it didn't boot, didn't give me video or beeps. Thought it was same problem as last time. Took out CPU, redid L1bridges, took out plug from PSU, took out CMOS batter for 10min put it back in, reset CMOS jumpers and....still no POST or beeps or VIDEO. Go to my elder brothers room, take out his T-Bird 1.33Ghz, put it in mine and it boots up. Turn computer off and swap my elders brothers CPU with my own and get it to boot up...finally.

Now for some reason, my computer wont remember my multiplier if I shut it down. This motherboard really sucks. ALong with that, my watercooling rig is going to waste cause my motherboard sucks. Right now, i dont actually care, I am more humble in the mere fact that round here, not many known how to build computers ans watercooling rigs...I am the only one in my Highschool with a watercooled rig which, in and of itself, is an achievment unmathced. I dont actually care how far my computer can O/C to now, I am just glad that my little brother can spend hours on the computer playing Counter-Strike without crashes. I am glad that I can play games and run programs. I really dont care about O/C cause that was not why this comp was built.

Dont get me wrong, when that nForce2 chipset comes out with good reviews, I will probably be the first to buy it along with a new CPU, but right now, I am happy that my computer runs at all :)

To those people that get ONE wish, please do this for me; please wish for 50 000 000 000 000 000 more wishes. The most powerfull wish is time travel in my opinion, anything is possible with time travel :)

Back